Monday, January 8, 2007

About the name

So, although the name may make me seem to have a low self-esteem, it is actually quite the opposite. I am hoping that it will help humble my over-inflated sense of self-worth. However, I think that it will be evident enough that I am not the best blogger out there and that is okay with me, especially as I am too into privacy to really share my inner most thoughts and feelings. As this is purely a work-related exercise, I will give myself some leeway in grammer and such. After all, I work with any number of people who, although they work at one, cannot say the word "library" properly. I think it should be part of the interview process to have them say the word "library" and if they pronounce it without the first r, they shouldn't get the job. I have to restrain myself from correcting them and satisfy myself with the thought that while nobody is perfect, some of us are closer than others.

2 comments:

Christine Holmes said...

The Virtual Services team hopes you will forgive people who say liberry.

gmcage said...

I love the name of your blog.

And, I always pronounce "library" correctly!