Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The End-Exercise 23

1) My favorite exercise was definitely LibraryThing although some of the image generators were interesting too. I use Yahoo as my main e-mail account and I like the ease of creating Yahoo avatars which can be used for e-mail and Yahoo IM. 2) I am happy to have been exposed to the newer technologies that younger generations are growing up with and perhaps taking for granted. As I said in an earlier exercise's post I think it is about time that libraries are proactive rather than reactive about current technologies available. 3) I am surprised at how easy blogging is once you get used to it. Although I used to keep a printed journal/diary that I used as a means to vent my emotions and to record thoughts and ideas so as to be able to compare, contrast, and weigh different options, I found that about the time I got engaged, I have my now husband to use as a sounding board and to share my many joys and very rare low points and like my photo album coming to an abrupt end (also mentioned in a previous exercise's blog,) so too has my journal writing. 4) I have already mentioned that I think it would have helped some of us to have regular progress reports and although comments on each blog would have been nice, I know that each of the Virtual Services team members had many participants to keep track of and it would have taken alot of tim to post comments on each and every blog entry for every participant. Finally, if another discovery project like this was offered in the future, I would participate in it. Although if this program were any indication, I might not have a choice in the matter, as my boss made me do it!

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations on finishing the 23 things! Thanks for persevering!
Well done! Hope it's been fun.