Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Week 6, Exercise 13

I wasn't too impressed with Del.icio.us, probably because it is too easy to go off on tangents and end up on a totally different subject than what you were looking for. In the tutorial, it was made to seem as if this were a good thing, but I don't care for a big network of things written by people I have never heard of. It is all too big- I am only interested in what the people that I know personally have to say. Not what some tech programmer in the middle of Pennsylvania (hypothetically) has to say about whether librarians are obsolete or not. However, I can see the potential of this for research assistance and in libraries, so that one could see what others have found out on the same or related topics. But, I don't have any bookmarks on any computer I use. So this system of tagging isn't useful to me. Thus, for this exercise I am electing not to create my own account.

No comments: